Headlight Wiring

need4speed

Havent got all the bits yet mikey. The Sumitomo 090 connectors are the tricky bit. Cant find them for love nor money. Miketomcat is selling me a drivers side td5 wing harness for me to customize. The other side will be coming off the bay. £20 or so for that.

There is an old thread im following that has a shopping list: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=65264&page=1

Post #6

Cheers

im in two minds wherher to get autosparks to make me a full harness running from a decent fuse box under the passenger seat (with a bus bar and spare fuse slots) and then run later lights and relayed headlights and deutsch connectors, with a proper bulkhead mounted multiplug, then an auxiliary harness on top of that, and inckude CL and eleccy windows too

or whether to make my own using the same brief and standard lr colours. i can then route it better than standard but will be very tume consuming.

Havent got all the bits yet mikey. The Sumitomo 090 connectors are the tricky bit. Cant find them for love nor money. Miketomcat is selling me a drivers side td5 wing harness for me to customize. The other side will be coming off the bay. £20 or so for that.

There is an old thread im following that has a shopping list: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=65264&page=1

Post #6

Cheers

Phil,

I've posted in your 090 connector thread.

now youve gone and done it, youve made me start thinking more in depth about my reloom. i just spemt the last 4 hours making this so i can specify fuseboxes and a bulkhead connector

attached diagram. its an amalgamation of series and discovery with a few extras thrown in for kicks and giggles. basically anything that i could think i may add in the future. plus ill leave 10 odd extra fuse slots and spare pins in the connector

good news is i have a scrap bulkhead knocking about so can use that to make a start laying things out amd building the cab side of the harness up to the bulkhead plug. it will be a long term project as ill keep buying bits and bobs over time to keep away from spending all at once