We're shortlisted for the 2015 Top Truck Challenge

DiscoDino

Hey guys - So we heard the news yesterday (haven't seen an issue live in hand) that we made the cut of 31 trucks for Four Wheeler's Top Truck Challenge 2015! We are #25 on the list and - being that this is a premier world-class competition - we're pretty excited!

Needless to say...the 1983 Defender 110 HCPU has already undergone a lot of transformation, but I'm trying o keep with the theme of the Land Rover Challenge truck look/feel...

If you do pick up Four Wheeler regularly, I'd appreciate a vote...if you don't, maybe this is a good time for a good Land Rover cause...I think this would be the second time a Land Rover was included in the top 10 (a nice D90 was in there in the 90s) in the past 22 years...

Thanks as always! We're scrambling to finish the truck, test it, and then ship it from the Middle East to Cali!
Nadim

post-593-0-00260900-1423253875_thumb.jpg

Congrats, must really be great to have the world tell you that what you are doing is working!!

Great to see (though not sure how much) a home brew LR in the running you mention LR in top 10 does this mean we can vote you higher?

Again, well done and good luck.

Marc

Pretty sure its the first Landy with Rockwells I've seen! :i-m_so_happy:

Looking good, I just think its a bit of a shame that they don't limit the tyre size to a more decent 40"x14.5" max. With those huge tyres that the whole field is running nowadays it just looks a bit too Monstertruck-ish. Don't get me wrong, i don't blame you for running such large rubbers, I would too when the competition does. I thinks its something the organizers should look into.

Pretty sure its the first Landy with Rockwells I've seen! :i-m_so_happy:

Looking good, I just think its a bit of a shame that they don't limit the tyre size to a more decent 40"x14.5" max. With those huge tyres that the whole field is running nowadays it just looks a bit too Monstertruck-ish. Don't get me wrong, i don't blame you for running such large rubbers, I would too when the competition does. I thinks its something the organizers should look into.

Agreed, in fact I have a set of 5 42.5" sticky skinny boggers on 17" rims that I think I will enjoy more and will be using for Breslau, Croatia trophy, etc...or my set of 5 x 40" Treps...but yes...when the holes dug are the size of a car, you need 54s

• 4 weeks later...