oil cooler fittings 200tdi

qwakers

does anyone know the type and size of discovery 1 200tdi oil cooler fittings so i can get a bypass hose made at my local hose shop. i need to move it off the trailer and oil pissing everywhere co i have no rad on it atm isnt helpful.....

its the one on the left.

200d3a.jpg

Forgive my possible ignorance but if the engine is cold should not the oil thermostat stop the oil from circulating through the oil cooler ?? I know on my 300Tdi Disco this is the case so if this is the same as a 200Tdi dismantle the oil thermostat, which is possibly defective and cause the bypass past the thermostat to be blanked off then all the oil will simply bypass the oil cooler hoses - as it's supposed to do.

I've just gone through RAVE and from all the guff printed there if the oil temperature hasn't opened the by-pass to allow oil into the radiator oil cooler there should be almost zero flow. Use a thread gauge, measure the two threads used by the oil cooler hoses and simply put in two bolts as a temp measure.

I have a bridging pipe I made up from 2 old cooler pipes using the 2 filter housing connections where I split the crimp connections on the metal pipe which uncovers a pipe with a swage on the end, then cut out a section of the rubber hose and joined the 2 together with jubilee clips. This seems to work fine for running up engines without connecting up to the radiator, I have even used this for short road tests and never had any leakage.