Defender heater vent on wing

fed up with water coming into the heater vent on the wing after a little deep wading - what options are there to stop as much water as poss from getting in there other than blocking it up?

...and i dont like those plastic scoop things!

How about a military snow cover - 3/4 way down this page

https://secure.pablanchard.co.uk/spares.asp

Colin

Take the rubber drain thing out of the bottom of the plastic trunking under the grille and throw it away. They get bunged up and don't let the water drain. You will be left with a hole the size of a 2p underneath - now it will drain properly. Worked a treat for me and it was free :)

HTH :)

Mo

Guest diesel_jim
wasnt there a milly snorkel system that came from the heater vent on the wing? im sure a mate got one from sodders a year or two ago.

That's for the marines winterised rovers.... the heater ducting is extended down to the front "nose" of wing (you'll see a series 3 type heater intake grill just near the sidelight/indicator lights), and the engine intake goes up through the original heater ducting (if that makes sense!)

I've got one of the military "snow ducts" (as per the blanchards site). works a treat, i can go through water a la camel trophy style, and no water gets in the heater at all, although it does reduce the amount of air coming through the heater a little bit.