Identifying a britpart fuel pressure regulator from an oem

I ordered an oem fpr because I couldn't bring myself to buy britpart.

Now its arrived I'm not convinced of which brand they've sent.

It's not boxed apart from the delivery packaging and came with a britpart fitting instruction sheet. There was a bent gasket wrapped in the sheet.

I ordered a bearmach gasket as the oem part stated one was required (not included in the price of the fpr).

So. Before I send a grumpy email, is there anyway I can identify for sure whether I have oem or britpart?

I'll post a picture when I get back home

Thanks chaps, that confirms my suspension. There is a g at the end of the part number and the (covered ) britpart label on the box does have oem on it too. I can't imagine britpart EVER getting used by Land Rover, surely?!?

Why is it that it seems nobody can ever get an order right first time? I'm getting so sick of buying over the Internet.

Well they emailed back a said they sent the part I ordered. I sent back a screen shot of the checkout page and a photo of the part and instruction sheet. We'll have to wait and see what happens next.

Remember to breathe now, I know this is thrilling stuff and I wouldn't want any of you to pass out in anticipation of the result. ;)

Just got this response from customer services

Dear Sir,

We have just spoken to our technicians here at our garage, KMotors, and they have informed us that the OEM ones from Britpart do come with Britpart instructions and a gasket. Our workshop only use OEM parts and not replacement parts.

I hope this puts your mind at ease.

Kind Regards,

Halina

Sounds like bollox to me, but without having a britpart and another to compare in front of me how am I to prove one way or another?!?

'Our workshop only use OEM parts and not replacement parts.'

I do wonder what this means....

ANyways, OEM does NOT mean genuine, only maybe made by the original part manufacturer, doesn't mean it is made the same way, or to the same spec though...

Yeah, it's all a bit vague. And made not by britpart, but distributed by and boxed in britpart? Hmmm. Maybe....

There is a G at the end of the part number and it states oem underneath on the box label.

God knows. If it leaks I'll be having a small tantrum.

I really want to get this truck finished PROPERLY so I can sell it and put the karma towards a nice pre 80 truck I can use as a daily drive. (Don't panic, I have a backup car!)