D2 Wheel Hub Replacement

Divster

Over the past couple of weeks I've been getting an increased amount of squeal from the front o/s wheel hub. Having cleaned the brakes I think the next stop is the hub. Having looked at the WSM it appears that the hub is a non-serviceable item on a D2 (many £££ for replacement item). Having not yet spent much time fiddling with D2 axles, has anyone done this work before???? Any tips????

Its has been a good while, but i've done 2 at least.

They are just like a car version, from memory follo the WSM, think you need a puller as the half shaft is locktite'd into the hub.

DON'T DAMAGE THE ABS SENSOR

I did try and press one appart and it inverted the bearing cage inside...... Really is non service item. Or someone tell me how???

Although they are much easier to change than the older versions 90/110 etc. Quicker to change for the comp safari boys etc.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Oz

Its has been a good while, but i've done 2 at least.

They are just like a car version, from memory follo the WSM, think you need a puller as the half shaft is locktite'd into the hub.

DON'T DAMAGE THE ABS SENSOR

I did try and press one appart and it inverted the bearing cage inside...... Really is non service item. Or someone tell me how???

Although they are much easier to change than the older versions 90/110 etc. Quicker to change for the comp safari boys etc.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Oz

I've managed to get hold of one for £193 inc postage :o:o:o It's on the job list for this weekend if it turns up on time.

Oz did you use a legged puller or a normal hub puller like this?

Sorry for the delay, i've been out a few days, i did use a 3 leg puller, mainly as that was lying about from another job, a prybar (decent size) may also work.

Check your box when it lands make sure it has the 'O' ring, and if your lucky the early versions came with an ABS lead.

Pretty straight forward just heavy on the wallet.

Oz :D