Swivel Pin Repair kits

The swivels need replacing on my 2002 TD5. Is there any kits to avoid? I normally have a complete dislike of anything in a blue box, but have heard good things about their swivel kits from others so far. Obviously I would prefer genuine but when you add up the cost of all the parts it makes your eyes water. I was in Brookwells earlier and the chap was being quite helpful and said they now did three levels of quality and that the top level was still a good price (£138 per side)and were significantly different and better to the lower end kit. Still not sure if I need to avoid them like the plague and go with Bearmach, my brain still says as it is safety related to avoid at all costs, but interested in others opinions.

Toby

In my experience it's far better to order the parts separately, that way you know what you're getting.

For the bearings and seals go genuine or known good OEM (i.e. Corteco/Timken) for sure. Genuine for the swivel pins themselves (if required). And I'd probably go genuine for gaskets as it's a bit of a lottery with OEM ones sometimes I've found - though Bearmach ones should be OK.

I have to admit to my shame that when I rebuilt my swivels on the 90 about 5 or 6 years ago I did use a pair of Britpart 'OEM' balls - the later Teflon coated versions. They're still OK now surprisingly, a bit of wear of the coating but no leaks or corrosion showing signs of appearing yet.

A set of bolts for fixing the ball to the axle is not a bad thing to have spare.