coming back, what are the options?

Nigelw

If you saw how much we've shed these last weeks to enable a 1 car load trip with two adults, two dogs, my tools and only our clothes, the Vehicle side was the only issue to ponder.

Yes the thoughts of selling it off had been fully discussed, but much like moving from BE to NL, it was an exercise in paperwork, back on the rock it has to be easier, I can read the forms without Google Translations.

Having called the DVLA today about it, they were happy with allowing my Dutch registration stay until a UK registration was issued, timeline would be about right with 6weeks and de-registration in NL by 11/04 to ensure no tax penalties as obligation ends with the registration.

Although, we are contemplating mothballing it for a cheap run around the first half year or so.

Oh dear :(

Just saw your tales of woe Jeff, WTF has got into your Disco Jeff?

Mine decided it wanted a new turbo and new alternator last year, thing is, you just cannot beat a Disco for versatility, on road, off road, tow barge, run around and general hack it does all so easily, just like mine, yours suffered poor ownership for many years before you bought it, poor owners in almost every form surrounded my Disco as the bodges and cheap skate welder were it`s former demise, now rebuilt practically I only find running repairs necessary now.

On the run from taxes now though!

Partially my fault, surgery last year left me with only one functional arm, I keep forgetting that I do not heal as quickly as I did when younger, hence it got a bit neglected, throw in some counterfeit parts, bad weather, bad luck, lack of cash,a bout of depression and three months of painkiller induced haziness....... And..... Bobs now your Uncle/Aunt/Nephew and Cousin!

I'll get the bugger sorted - still running it in 2WD, haven't got much strength in my left arm so replacing the front prop (which I also stubbed my toe on this afternoon) has become a bit of a trial. If you do decide to return to the UK, bare in mind the cost of living "Up North" is much less and the scenery is absolutely stunning, people are canny too.

Easy enough to get it registered here. You need to register on the government gateway and follow the NOVA process so they can assess if you owe any vat, probably not. Then call DVLA or apply for a v55 online to get a logbook sorted. In the meantime get it mot'd.

Should cost £80 plus road tax.

As long as you have an overseas address, you can drive it in the UK for 6 months I think before it has to be removed or registered.