Body removal

Good day

i please need some advice i really don't want to break anything, i am rebuilding a Defender 110 i am now at the atage i wantto drop the frame and seperate the body. my height is limited and i need to know were i can put stands under the body to support it when i drop the frame to pull it out. i have to make stands a bit wider than the axels to hold the body to allow me to get the frame ou.

any advice here will be greatly appreciated the last thing i want is a accident and someone gets hurt

thanks in advance

Regards

Richard

post-110747-0-04056500-1453527433_thumb.jpg

When I did one I had a pair of stands at the bulkhead, C pillar and under rear floor supports. To actually lift the body off I used a chain block on either side of the bulkhead and a single block on the spare wheel carrier (you could put a bar across the rear door opening). Mine had all the doors and wings still on as I was doing it outside.

Mike

my 110 with the body sat on 4 x 45 gallon drume & 2 4inch x 2inch beams, used the 2 hi-lift jacks to lift the body so we could slide the barrels under the body to make it a bit more stable, it sat like that for about 3 weeks while we stripped the original chassis & built the new chassis ready to roll under it.

post-20-0-05692200-1453545619_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-28130300-1453545621_thumb.jpg

Hi Western

thank you a good idea i am a bit limited for space so i want t obuild a frame with wheels so i can move the body around in and out of the garage, want t omake turns chassis and body, i am using my original chassis as it has no rust i just want

to repaint it and then start rebuilding with all new parts.

I like the high lift jack idea i am going to be using that for sure.

thanks again

regards

Richard

Just another question.

if i place beams at the point marked across the body on stands will the back be to heavy and tip? Should i place a stand right at the back as well to be safe. i am a bit concerned as i have no weight in front.

thanks in advance

regards

Richard

post-110747-0-55380000-1453556151_thumb.jpg

post-110747-0-64513100-1453556241_thumb.jpg

We put the wooden beams in the same places on my body also I would put a axle stand or blocks of wood under the very rear end just to make sure the body cannot tip rearwards, you'll see on my photo's we put both hi-lift jacks under the rear to as a insurance so body could not tip.

• 4 weeks later...