TD5 washer bottle

reedx

I'm going to have to replace the washer bottle on my 300Tdi Defender as the Webasto heater needs to go in the same place (as in the attached photo). After checking out alternatives it looks like the the best solution would be to use LR part DMB103090 as used in the TD5 Defender. I can't see mention of a mounting bracket and the diagram isn't too clear, but it looks like the bottom may be curved and mount directly to the inner wing. Can anyone with a TD5 Defender confirm before I go ahead and order one?

Colin

www.REEDX.net

post-129-1164216434_thumb.jpg

post-129-1164216449_thumb.jpg

a similar shaped container is used on Defenders fitted with headlight power wash in the same location, looking at the parts pictures in EPC, it bolts to the inner wing & nuts on outside in wheel arch, only bit it doesn't show is the rear end of the container, I suspect that fits in a similar way.

Alternatively you could use a washer bottle from a TD as these fit completely under the wing top, this appears to be what is fitted in the photo in your post. Otherwise you could use the bag with a pump in, as fitted to early CSW's on the rear door, this would fit almost anyway due to its small size

HTH :)

Lewis

not on my ex-TD 110, it's got the rectangular tank that Colin has just removed.

Oh, well my 87 90 that used to be a TD had the under wing type, as does a mates 89 90 TD, and so too does the one in the 200tdi transplant write-up by DSN/JST

Fittedengine.jpg

Although the one in Les Hensons write up has the rectangular bottle you mention (My 91 90 200tdi had this too)

med_gallery_2_24_432397.jpg

Odd :unsure:

Lewis

Thanks guys. From the comments in this topic I think I'm getting somewhere. Looking back prior to the Tdi's I have identified PRC3786 (CONTAINER SCREEN WASHERS 90/110 WITH AIR CON UP TO AA270226) as another likely contender (see diagram). Better still instead of the £65 it would have been for the TD5 part the bits would be priced as follows (from the John Craddock website)

PRC3786

CONTAINER SCREEN WASHERS 90/110 WITH AIR CON UP TO AA270226

£13.42

PRC2854

CAP RESEVOIR 90-110 WASHER BOTTLE.

£1.14

BOLT FOR FLOOR

£0.18

PRC3369 Use STC575

STC575

ELECTRIC PUMP FOR SCREEN WASHER.12VOLT

£6.45

I know it would only have one pump so I'd need to use a separate small bottle/bag for the rear screen wash. Saying that I can't remember the last time I actually used it so it could probably be dispensed with all together.

Thanks again

Colin

www.REEDX.net

post-129-1164229833_thumb.jpg