discovery II front window "clamp"

Hi all,

I'm trying to get hold of the steel part which is fixed to the door glass on the front of a TD5 discovery. the one for my drivers door has broken and now the window needs manual assistance to go down. (circled below)

post-13725-0-45820500-1457302590_thumb.png

its currently been codged together by sandwiching the glass bewteen some bits of steel and it keeps coming adrift.

Microcat doesn't list it as a seperate part but surely you dont have to buy the entire glass just for that part!

iv got the same problem with my defender, after the garage smashed the window it was replaced with one from bearmach, it didnt have the fixings attached it was just a sheet of glass, now it moves forwards and backwards in its holder, this is really annoying doing the window up cause you have to stop about 2 inches from the top to push the glass back into the groove then roll it up hte last 2 inches

• 2 weeks later...

for anyone who might want to know this in the future, DLS stated that the part is effectively the same as a 300TDi discovery part which is available seperately. but you need to reuse the rubber channel as the 300TDi part is 1mm thicker and the window wont fit.

part number:

ALR8022

• Like 1