a nice restoration

Thought I would share this with you guys, the chap I take my Defender to when it has defeated me or I can't be bothered to lay under a truck in the wet is in the final stages of a restoration of a early number (225 IIRC) truck. It is looking very nice and I am almost tempted!

https://www.facebook.com/fw4x4/?fref=ts

For those of you without the book of face, I have posted a couple of photos below:

post-15513-0-65147700-1459568757_thumb.jpg

post-15513-0-06344800-1459568770_thumb.jpg

Jason

Very, very nice !

I've been offered a 2-door as a project... Don't know - a lot of work and even more money but I do love 2 doors....

Perhaps I could sell the Mrs...

Very, very nice !

I've been offered a 2-door as a project... Don't know - a lot of work and even more money but I do love 2 doors....

Do it, you can hire a cleaner who can cook, might put more pennies in the pot for the two door restoration lol :D

That is one example of some fine workmanship. He's made an incredible job of that RR.

Arjan, buy it if you can. I'd love a 2 door.

My first memories of the classic were a J plate 2-door (same year as Jason has pictured) that belonged to a friend of my parents who used it for his pest control business.

Given that it would have been about 1979/80 that Rangey had been very poorly looked after in it's short life. Still it struck me (as a 9 year old) as something special at the time.

That is lovely Jason , he clearly knows what he doing

Steveb

He does, he is the only mechanic that I trust with my Defender he has the same attention to detail that I like to pretend that I have, he has another three sitting in the yard all early numbers waiting for restoration.

Very, very nice !

I think that they are the classic RR like a blue series three with a white roof, just something about it that looks right. Not sure that selling the Mrs is the best plan you just need to get her to take up a second job.

That is one example of some fine workmanship. He's made an incredible job of that RR.

As above he is a stickler for detail, he actually bought my Series One from me so that was an honour as he just used it and didn't have to do anything.

Jason.

This is the one that started Range Rovers for us :

1984RangeRover2-door.jpg

LPG and eventually a 3.9 on carbs with the original 4 speed and an Overdrive.

It came with a Capstan winch that we eventually replaced with a WARN8274 - using the genuine LR kit. Still have that sitting here, 21 years later...

Sold it eventually and when it drove away I knew I'd made a serious mistake..

Had 7 other, 4-door ones, and swapped the Mazda engine over each time when the body was dissolved too much...

Love to do one again as the "last project" as I'm getting Vintage..