Top mounting brackets

Nigelw

Been out and loosely held it up against the diff, don't look like it fouls the PH rod but clearance would be tight either RHD or LHD.

Coincidentally, anyone know if pan hard rod mounting differs between LH & RH drive vehicles?

Ralph, what did you just do :o

Click linky, start browsing the diff guards and suddenly get nauseous at the mention that these things are "handed" after tea I'm off to check!

just giving you some info, I didn't actually read the link, just thought going to makers website would help get a answer, sorry if you've had a shock finding out there are left & right hand drive variants.

just giving you some info, I didn't actually read the link, just thought going to makers website would help get a answer, sorry if you've had a shock finding out there are left & right hand drive variants.

It's ok, was beginning to think my supposed bargains were not so great after all, the flexy on the snorkel being perforated and the top bracket missing off the rear.

Oh well, goin to the yard early to knock up a second bracket before work.

• Like 1

Personally I'd forget that bracket and just weld it to the top of the axle case; when I used QT guards they would always twist to the side with a good knock, welding cured that :)

Top tip! Gonna wire wheel and epoxy paint the diff cover and once painted I'll do as you suggest Lewis.

Ross, to PH rod attaches just to the left(looking at the axle from the front of the vehicle) of the diff so the bulge is axle end of the rod.