eberspacher

Gromit

What do you think about the price of this Eberspacher D2 diesel heater with SILENCER 7 DAY TIMER on ebay? Is it too much?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Eberspacher-D2-diese...1QQcmdZViewItem

hi paul, that ebby on ebay seems to be a good one but i think it would melt your landy as its 2.2kw the D1 and D1LC are 1.7kw (i think) an they are PLENTY hot enough. i paid £284 inc post on eblag for mine a couple of years ago and reckon i got a bargin as it was like new. though a mate of mine got one for £50! i'm sure you could get something cheaper in the summer as it's the ebby season just now.

good luck paul

I paid 345 for mine. Not the cheapest but as already said, tis the season for them.

Havn't been able to check if it runs yet, but looks in very good but not quite mint condition.

I have a D1LC to sell, am about to ebay it unless someone here is interested.

It in the compact model with all the electronics within the unit.

Comes with switch/temp control, fuel pump, inlet and exhaust pipe and full instructions.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have experience running one of these on biodiesel? Specifically a B20 mixture? I wanted to put a D2 hyrdronic air heater in, but read in the manual that they don't cover bio above a 5% mixture. Which has me wondering if that is just covering their butt or is it really a problem. I have to think the truckers and such that use these are running bio with them...

Does anyone have experience running one of these on biodiesel? Specifically a B20 mixture? I wanted to put a D2 hyrdronic air heater in, but read in the manual that they don't cover bio above a 5% mixture. Which has me wondering if that is just covering their butt or is it really a problem. I have to think the truckers and such that use these are running bio with them...

hi nas

i wouldnae risk the biodiesel in an ebby as like someone else on this thread said the spares are extortionate. i spoke to someone at eberspacher uk a couple of years ago and he said they go better with a bit of kerrosene mixed in (but don't quote me) so i would guess they would run worse with some bio in (though i could be wrong!

cheers paul

• 3 weeks later...