Windscreen frame removal

tuko

Can I remove the windscreen frame without having to remove the roll cage and the roof? I'm thinking that I will be able to remove all the bolts to the top panel for the roof which should give me enough room to slide the windscreen frame straight out. Would that work?

The reason for the question is that I recently had 2 new laminated windscreens cut, it time to replace the heavily scratched and chipped tempered windscreens.

Todd.

I have previously replaced a windscreen without removing the frame or dash - only the bottom screw in the centre vertical is obstructed, and that can be removed with mole grips and pliers. I then left that screw out on reassembly for ease of future repair (replaced during the big rebuild).

It's been years but I think I'll have to open the WSM for the series to see the procedure to remove the top dash panel.

My original train of thought was that I could loosen the roof panel, remove the bolts to the windscreen frame then push it straight out, and as LR says, reverse to install.