Width of a RR Rostyle Rim

PeterW

Quickie...

I'm in Ipswich and my wheels are in Nottingham and I need a dimension...

Anyone know how wide the old steel Rostyle RR Rims are...? I've got a decent offer on some new steels, and want to check if my 7.50's will fit...

Cheers

Pete

Quickie...

I'm in Ipswich and my wheels are in Nottingham and I need a dimension...

Anyone know how wide the old steel Rostyle RR Rims are...? I've got a decent offer on some new steels, and want to check if my 7.50's will fit...

Cheers

Pete

No problem fitting those tyres, i have 235/85 on mine and there perfect!! I'm fairly sure you could fit up to a 265 on them without problems.

No problem fitting those tyres, i have 235/85 on mine and there perfect!! I'm fairly sure you could fit up to a 265 on them without problems.

I'm actually looking at old tyres on new rims... so I need to know if a 7.50/16 will fit on a wheel like this... Here.....

Cheers

Peter

So you want to fit 7.50's to 7" rims. I had 7.50's on a set of steel disco rims which are 7x16, mine were fitted with tubes and were fine. However 7.50's would be better on a 6" ish rim. I think rostyles are 6.5" but am not sure.

Mark thats right...!

My 7.50s still have some life left in them, so I might as well use them. Its just the rims are shot (warped..) and I need to do something

FInding 6.5x16 aftermarket steels is not easy !

Cheers

Peter

Mark thats right...!

My 7.50s still have some life left in them, so I might as well use them. Its just the rims are shot (warped..) and I need to do something

FInding 6.5x16 aftermarket steels is not easy !

Cheers

Peter

They will fit fine on a 7" wide steel rim.

Rostyles are 6"... And aftermarket Wolf wheels are 6,5".

The link went to a Modular wheel, these are NOT Land Rover OEM wheels and will be the size the manufacturer chose to make them.

I think you are right that RR steels are 6 inch I will have the tyres removed from mine tomorrow as I need to fit 7.50 16 to them temporaaily. I have a feeling you are not supposed to fit them though?

I have seen Simex fitted to RR steels, Idon't know if they have been widened or not. I have had a set of 7.50 16 tyres on LWB rims widened to 8 inch rims for the last 20 or so years with no problems but that was my choice and this is not to be taken as a recommendation.

I will measure my wheels to check tomorrow.

Yup they are.

Marc.