Worth while tip

I spend most of the time submitting posts moaning or asking for help and support.

So for once I wanted to submit a positive bit of advice.

Following my recent saga replacing the rear brake disc's,calipers,pads and pipes etc I finally got to the last stage bleeding the system and I dreaded it, having done this many time over the years various way's including easy bleeds.

I bought a simple one way valve with two pipes attached.

Connect one end to bleed nipple open the bleed nipple. Place container under the other pipe. Next pump the brake pedal I did 6 to 10 to make sure as I couldn't watch for air bubbles. Tighten bleed nipple move to next wheel etc

I repeated this a second time topping up the reservoir after each wheel.

It worked great easy to use,one man operation wish I had come across this year's ago.

Some of you may already be aware of this device but for those who don't and still struggle with the old easy bleed it's worth a change.

Cost me less than £5 off ebay great tool :-).

Works on clutch system too.

Can't set up link as in work and using my phone.

However found it on ebay following description:

Motorcycle car brake/clutch bleeder bleed one way valve & tube tool kit set.

Price - £3.29 free postage

Seller - delhanway2009

If still struggling to find it let me know I will use my pc at home tomorrow and attach the link

Ian

You can make your own from an old coke bottle, a length of rubber tube with a small slit in it and a screw.

Use the screw to block the end of the tube, make a hole in the lid of the bottle and feed the tube through adding enough fluid to cover the slit, the other end goes on the bleed nipple.

As you pressurise the the system with the pedal, the slit opens allowing fluid and air out, as you lift off the pedal the slit closes preventing anything being drawn back into the system.

HTH

Mo

• Like 1

Can't set up link as in work and using my phone.

However found it on ebay following description:

Motorcycle car brake/clutch bleeder bleed one way valve & tube tool kit set.

Price - £3.29 free postage

Seller - delhanway2009

If still struggling to find it let me know I will use my pc at home tomorrow and attach the link

Ian

this one then...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Car-Brake-Clutch-Bleeder-Bleed-One-Way-Valve-Tube-Tool-Kit-Set-/302004324070?hash=item4650dc46e6:g:qL4AAOSwwo1XegyC