90 truck cab seat

hello,

just bought a 90 truck cab. i'm 6' 2" and feel a bit cramped, a bit more legspace would be nice. obviously i can't move the seat any further back. vehicle is a challenge truck, so i was thinking that maybe some bucket seats that have a thinner backrest would do the trick. any suggestions? qt are apparently doing some specially for a truck cab, however not sure wheter they woulld help.

cheers

orange

don't think they would make a difference work in a truck cab since the seat is already touching the back of the cab. therefore thought that seats that are thinner may help.

cheers

orange

buckets will be worse they are fixed vertically, if you need more leg space try a custom seat box as it would lower / raise seat height,

also buckets arent very comfy over a long distance believe me i co drive in a rally car!! try a hard tp or extend your truck cab like som ehave one here that way you get more space throughout the cabin and secure place to lock stuf up?

im 6'1" tall and have bucket seats in my 90 truck cab :)

the only real way of getting any extra leg room (only a small amount mind) is to raise the rear of the seat runners on spacers

the problem with the original seats , and after market bucket seats is to be comftable you need the back reclined slightly , but with the combination of the sloping seat box the top of the seat hits the truck cab :angry: but by lifting iup the rear of the seat (i lifted mine 40mm) it brings the back of the seat away from the cab allowing you to slide it back it tiny bit more

and as they say ''every little helps'' :D

will take some pics of how i done mine if any ones intrusted ?

the problem with the original seats , and after market bucket seats is to be comftable you need the back reclined slightly , but with the combination of the sloping seat box the top of the seat hits the truck cab :angry: but by lifting iup the rear of the seat (i lifted mine 40mm) it brings the back of the seat away from the cab allowing you to slide it back it tiny bit more

and as they say ''every little helps'' :D

will take some pics of how i done mine if any ones intrusted ?

that sounds like a interesting idea! i had the seats out, and without them there actually is lots of space. i think the seats would need to be lower as well as have thinner backs than the originals. then lifting them a bit in the back in order to be able to move them back should to the job, it doesn't take much.

other thing that i noticed is that the brake pedal sticks out quite a bit, if the pedals in general would be a bit more forward, then that should give a lot more leg room. havn't looked into it in detail, not sure whether the pedals coul be moved?

cheers

orange

Just to confirm that the only difference the MUD Rails will make in a truck-cab would be to raise the seat slightly. The truck cab design restricts the seat travel further still, so unfortunately adding the rails won't make any difference to legroom.

Kev

Just to confirm that the only difference the MUD Rails will make in a truck-cab would be to raise the seat slightly. The truck cab design restricts the seat travel further still, so unfortunately adding the rails won't make any difference to legroom.

Kev

I totally agree about the space thing. Driving a friends TC 90 the other day reminded me how cramped the cab is and I'm only 5'10"!

I'm building my 90 as a TC + 12" and the differance is unbelievable!

heres the pics of how ive done mine , sorry they not in any sort of order :(

the other adavantage of lifting the rear of the seat when using bucket seats , is it makes them less ''deep'' so you can acctakky get out of them :)

the drivers seat is mounted on a sub frame ,that i made the lift in to. the passenger seat needs removing from time to time (batterys etc) so i built two sub frames one mounts in the truck permently , using spacers for the lift , the other is bolted to the seat rails and , then bolted in to the truck with (when i get them M8 wing nuts) so no tools needed

dec1st022.jpg

dec1st016.jpg

dec1st013.jpg

dec1st015.jpg

dec1st014.jpg

dec1st011.jpg

dec1st010.jpg

dec1st009.jpg