Indicator problem

Ok so iv been replacing the old worn out lights on my 90 as a few lenses were cracked and I had a front nearside indicator not working. Iv also replaced the complete unit on that indicator but still it dosent work. Now all lights and indicators were working besides this one but today the nearside rear is out and the side one flashes very dim and slow. Any ideas as iv ran out? Cheers

• Like 1

Whilst checking the wiring iv found a blue/red wire connected to a blue/white but the other end of the blue/white just hangs loose. The blue/white blue/red is connected with the dreaded scotch lock and iv tried connecting the blue/whites together and disconnecting the blue/red there's no difference in anything.

blue/white goes from column switches to 'lights on' in dash warning panel & from fusebox to switch

blue/red from fusebox to side/tail/headlight switch

sounds like a old failed lighting switch 'get me home' bodge

no blue with other trace colours in the indicator/hazard light circuit

Ok so iv replaced the hazard switch and checked all the earths but still no joy. The new hazard switch wouldnt light up any direction lamp but once i refitted the old switch the driver side started working but then when i flicked the stalk to the left everything stopped. Iv flicked of the hazard switch and i can hear the relay clicking away but no lights but trailer and indicator dash lights are flashing dim. When i turn stalk to the right the right indicators work fine. Im suspecting the stalk. Would anyone else agree or do we think im looking in the wrong place?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got back at it today. Sorted out all the faults with the fusebox, replaced the flasher relay, had no joy, replaced the hazard switch, had no joy, replaced the stalk, still no joy. All earths have been cleaned up and iv disconnected the lights one by one but still no joy. As soon as the hazard switch is switched on the fuse blows. Put a fuse in that was way too large to see if I could find a fault the dodgy way and the relay went up in smoke. Lost for ideas now.

Well today I cut out the old glass fuse section as and replaced it with an inline waterproof blade fuse holder and replaced the original relay and now surprisingly everything is working as it should. Think very soon I will replace all the glass fuses with blade fuses.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...