Washer pump seized, MOT in the morning 9am

Any ideas for a fix? the voltage is getting to the washer pump and the interior lights are dimming slightly so it's taking current etc. Think the shaft is seized although it worked fine a week back.

Where to buy in around Redditch who open at 8am? do Halfords keep them?

Tal yeah had considered taking it out and blasting it with wd40 or a jet of water and trying to spin up the impeller. But I'll probably lose 5L of screenwash once pump is pulled and knowing my luck break something else in the process

Lol, thanks. well due to the drive down there or good luck i had a miniscule amount of screen wash out of old pump. I tried MJA who open at 8 and were very helpful and could have me an express part by lunchtime. I then tried mm4x4 and they luckily opened at 0830 and had one in stock, which mean with warp drive enabled (downhill most of way) i managed to get there with a couple of minutes to spare with the new part ready to go on.

The good news is it Passed = clean sheet. Not bad as she's 30 years old this year.

• Like 1