Remember the Rad Haz kits?

Chris Davies

A few years back there were Radiation hazard kits for sale on Ebay, I know a few of us bought them with the intention of stripping them and using it as sound insulation.

So to those who have used it,

Where did you use it?

How did you stick it down? impact adhesive? Is it staying stuck down?

Did you cover it with anything? if so what?

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

I bought 3 kits back then. Cut the green nylon cover off and simply glued it on with quality carpet glue in a spray can. Used it over bitumen-type flashing in places, then covered with carpet covered ply. However, it is directly glued to metal in some places and is still fully exposed on the rear wheel boxes as I still haven't got round to covering it. That is 3 years now and it is still holding up really well. Fantastic quality stuff it is.

I bought a couple of kits and last winter was the standard tad cold & damp in Aberdeenshire. I "adapted" one section that is supposed to go cross-ways either at the back of the cab or at the tailgate and made it into a kinda curtain to go behind the driver in the 90. The theory was that by halving the volume, it would make it quicker to defrost and dry out the cab area. Made a bit of a difference.

The other long pieces which I guess are supposed to cover the roof have been velcro'd together to insulate the inside of my up and over door.

Mr Farmer, that's the same as I am doing, flash band then the rad haz stuff, may well then cover that with ply in the rear tub wheel boxes. Also thinking about covering some area's with some sort of rubber matting and possibly some auto type carpet on the roof

I bought 2, one is fitted as per instructions in the walt (wolf spec 110 ffr). The other is still bagged in standby mode, but 2 of the pieces makes an excellent work sheet under the land rover.

Noticed the difference with/without, it also stops the annoying condensation drips from various points, now it just collects and then shoots onto the dash/windscreen on first braking action.

Orgasmic farmer, does the carpet glue allow a little time for adjustment or is it like impact adhesive where you only really get one shot at getting it in the right place and then its stuck.

Cheers

Chris

Sorry, missed this. I found you generally get some time to peel it off and restick if you completely fudge it up.