Boost alloy rims on a 90

Hi there I have just purchased a nice set of boost alloys with 265 tyres for my 01 plate 90 which has 235 tyres with steel rims at the moment. but the hub stubs are too short. Am I doing something wrong or have I just been stupid and not realised I needed longer ones in which case where can I get them from and are they hard to fit ?? Thanks Harry 

You need to use different wheel nuts for alloys (just putting that out there first as I have no idea how familiar you are with them). The reason i point that out is that I can't think of any stud that wouldn't be long enough for an alloy wheel nut to reach which is why they marked the studs that are suitable so you wouldn't accidentally fit them to inappropriate studs. You can use alloy nuts on steel wheels but not the other way around.

If you look at the end of the studs they should have a shallow slot shape marked into the end of them, if they haven't then the studs are not suitable for alloy wheels.

If you need to change the studs, in theory it's fairly simple - take the hub off, remove the bake disk, "tap" the old studs out with a hammer and "tap" the new ones in. In practice you may need to resort to foxy acetylene to heat the hub up and all manner of cursing and swearing to get the old ones to move after being stuck there since new !

Thank you for all your quick responses the studs do have slots in them so from what you are saying I need a new set of alloy nuts to accompany the wheels.  when I had them sat on the hub yesterday it did cross my mind having different nuts but as the studs only came flush with the edge of the hole I was convinced I needed longer studs. Thanks Harry