Draining and flushing the Radiator

Paul64

In order to reach the jubilee clip on the bottom radiator hose, I use extension bars, with a screwdriver bit attached.

Will give that a go too. Radiator in the 300Tdi has just started to leak like a sieve so just started the process of stripping it out to fit a new rad and probably an uprated intercooler while it's all out.

Only had the 300Tdi for a couple of years and just starting to get into working on it properly now and was totally bamboozled when I came to disconnect the bottom hose at the weekend. Couldn't figure out how to get to it :huh::lol: I'm not exactly the quickest on the block sometimes with this sort of stuff but generally get there eventually... :blink::unsure:

Any advantage in fitting the jubilee clip for the bottom hose so it can be done/undone from underneath?

You won't be able to position the clip so that it's more easily accessible from underneath The plastic cowling and the tight corner prevents this. A jubilee clip that is a screwdriver slot as well as a 'bolt head' will usually be 6-or-7mm. If your clip is the standard item it will be 6mm.

Les. :)

A jubilee clip that is a screwdriver slot as well as a 'bolt head' will usually be 6-or-7mm. If your clip is the standard item it will be 6mm.

Les. :)

If using a socket on a hex-drive jubilee clip, remind yourself that these things are intended to be done up just to the torque that can be applied by a slot blade screw-driver. Don't over tighten it...

Rog