Does anyone know.......................

I am looking for a winch mount for my 90, ideally i don;t want any part of the mount, only the fairlead to be in front of the front face of the existing bumper..... i am quite happy to cut the grill and surround, i want the winch to sit as far back asd possible without hitting the rad, obviously....... however i can't find a ready made mount like that...

Any ideas................ alternatively it looks like i'll have to make something up................!

I've seen the bikini mount..... but ideally i'd like the winch further back than that............. tis just me being awkward...!

Hell, it would have to be a small winch, or set way down low! There's only 120mm from the front face of the chassis to the front of the bumper!

I know............ i want to mount the winch above the chassis rails, or effectively on top of the bumper....... i'm thinking i'll have to make something up....... the bumper needs to be rtv alrc legal..... so standard shape...... or width anyway, and me wanting the winch set back is just my wanting what i want...LOL!

This might be me being too simplistic. I dont have a winch and i am not familiar with the dimensions and attachments, but why couldnt you bolt a plate to the front crossmember and the front bumper in some way and then mount the winch on that in your desired position? Could weld the plate on as well for extra strength.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it took me a few weeks, but i now have exactly what i wanted bolted on my truck, will hopefully get round to taking some pics, maybe tomorrow...... i'm on a trial tomorrow, so might get some action pics...:)

i did a simillar thing a while ago as well but used a cut up (and strengthened) standard bumper. Although the bumper did not last long and was soon replaced, as the standard bumper - even with a bunch of box section welded in to stiffen it - just wasnt strong enough for nurfing trees and stuff. If i did it again i would have used some 90x90 4mm box section, but i went for some tube cos i had it lying around.

http://www.muddy-tyres.net/standard.aspx?page_id=33

finishedwinch.jpg

Well, just been and taken a few pics............ i wanted it higher than most mounts, so thats what i made, i wanted it not sticking out past the front bumper face, so thats what i made...... i wanted it looking nice, and i think it does............ bolts on with the four bumper bolts, and two through the front cross member, aswell as the front two winch bolts actually going through the bumper aswell...... so i don;t think it'll come off!

made in 5mm steel, and powder coated, and all for less than £50!!

post-1240-127351773849_thumb.jpg

post-1240-127351772753_thumb.jpg

post-1240-127351774826_thumb.jpg