tracker

lapperz

Hi

Just fitting a 'Skytag' to mine and it is easy enough to self install. Unfortunately it is the sort of thing you buy hoping you NEVER have to use it but they do monitor the unit 24/7 and if the power to the unit is cut they send a text message. www.skytag-gps.co.uk is the website and there was an offer for the bundle if you use discount code "LR10".

Andy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Anti-Tracker-GPS-Signal-Blocker-Jammer-/160449317680?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item255b864b30#ht_1204wt_1137

^^^

£15 from ebay sees that sorted :(

I too was looking at something similar, but with a Pikey having a GPS BLocker in his pocket as a "Just in case"

I sort of went off that Idea. Do a search on the forum, theres a thread of mine with some useful alternatives.

Nige

If you go for a genuine “Tracker” and not a cheap GPS/GSM unit you will not be able to fit it yourself they need to come and fit it, and check it can be activated by their equipment etc. The cost of them has come down in price and you can get them from around £160.00 including install the monthly fee is then £7.50.

They are not blockable via GSM jammers and work inside containers buildings/car parks etc.

My mind was made up a few years ago when a friend of mine had spent nearly two years restoring his 110 to have it stolen the day after it was official back on the road, it was recovered from Southampton docks on it’s way to Africa.

The Landy was in the back of a container there were some sheets of ply covering it and then about 10 tons of scrap piled against it, even if customs had opened the container they would never have seen it unless the tracker had gone ping..

That would never have happened with a GSM unit.

Jason.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Anti-Tracker-GPS-Signal-Blocker-Jammer-/160449317680?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item255b864b30#ht_1204wt_1137

^^^

£15 from ebay sees that sorted :(

I too was looking at something similar, but with a Pikey having a GPS BLocker in his pocket as a "Just in case"

I sort of went off that Idea. Do a search on the forum, theres a thread of mine with some useful alternatives.

Nige

Didn't take long to get that item withdrawn!! (160449317680)

GPS / GSM systems are very easily disabled with a jammer that fits in the pocket. I would only buy a genuine Tracker which I have first hand experience of working inside a shipping container.

Yes, saving a few pounds on your tracking device, just tom ake a truck easier to steal does seem a bit crazy doesn't it?

Someone mentioned Skytag on another topic and when I looked at the website I wondered why anyone would use it.

No tracking unless you go to a polic station and get a crime reference number. By then the truck will be gone, stripped and the 'tag' found or more likely jammed.

Go for the real deal and pay a few more pounds.

No tracking unless you go to a polic station and get a crime reference number.

this is normal procedure with all tracking systems inc tracker, you just phone the police, get a ref number, then phone tracker give them this ref so they can coordinate with the police.