salisbury axle conversion

greetings

instead of changing the whole axle is there a way of converting it from drum to discs using parts alone.

it's just a thought,as getting hold of a salibury disc axle is a bit on the pricey side.

unless someone has got they want to get rid of on the cheapish.

thanks

Ralph

greetings

instead of changing the whole axle is there a way of converting it from drum to discs using parts alone.

it's just a thought,as getting hold of a salibury disc axle is a bit on the pricey side.

unless someone has got they want to get rid of on the cheapish.

thanks

Ralph

I think there was a kit or mod using RRC rear discs and backing plates but I'm not sure what exactly was used

Two ways of doing it:

1. Using the proper 300Tdi stub axles and hubs, with 110 rear calipers and discs.
  2. Using early 90/110 front hubs with the existing stubs axles, with 110 rear calipers and discs.

This guide shows the latter:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=11685

Mine is the former, which negates the need for the spacer, as it's integral to the later stub axles.

My 110 had a disc braked salisbury with a goosed diff , I bought a good salisbury with drums and the mechanic I use changed the drums for discs , total cost including the swap over removing the old axle and refitting the new one inc new oil was £240 + £100 for the secondhand axle so job done £340