CSW NIGHT TIME CHALLENGE

RJL

Tim took a few - but that was just to temporarily blind JST as he was doing so well!

Marshaling was great fun - little work, stayed reasonably clean and got to watch muddy people falling over a lot.

Thanks Russ - great night. I will forgive you for making my LR smell like a breakfast grill!

Just got back now , Well done to Russ and crew , It was a cracking event , Im starting to get the hang of this bitchin lark now , managed to stay dry all night even when the wet slop was over the knees , And we both got some very funny looks when we decided to go for a Kebab in Tivvy at 2 in the morning , just as the pubs kicked out !!!!!!!!!!!

Its funny how the Natives are so intelligent there when they looked outside at the 90 parked up covered in muck and then looked at the 2 of us covered in s***e , then they put 2 and 2 together and asked is that your truck out there , Brilliance , Pure brilliance .

Just got back now , Well done to Russ and crew , It was a cracking event , Im starting to get the hang of this bitchin lark now , managed to stay dry all night even when the wet slop was over the knees , And we both got some very funny looks when we decided to go for a Kebab in Tivvy at 2 in the morning , just as the pubs kicked out !!!!!!!!!!!

Its funny how the Natives are so intelligent there when they looked outside at the 90 parked up covered in muck and then looked at the 2 of us covered in s***e , then they put 2 and 2 together and asked is that your truck out there , Brilliance , Pure brilliance .

Did warn you about natives in tivy! Hope you all had a good time many thanks to Rob, Dave & Tim for marshaling.

Dave the aroma will go after a month or so ! but I bet you felt hungry on way home.

Thanks Again for all that turned up

P.S got stranded disco out at 02.00hrs and then headed home.

Scores up in bit

Russ

Challenge South West Night Challenge, Huntsham results.

Timed Prologue

1. Simon Buck & Matt Cook 2.01

2. Shaun Harris & Jason Farr 2.12

3. Roger Shaddick & Ben 2.23

4. Simon Hemsley 2.24

5. Jim Penny & Mark Arthurs 2.25

6. Paul Rodgers & Roger Pardy 2.33

7. Clive James 2.34

8. Dereck Hounsell & Nigel 2.37

9. Martin Hounsell & James Trembath 2.38

10. Tim Hemsley 2.54

11. Frank Buddle & Barney 2.55

12. Stuart Ball 2.57

13. Rob Hancock 3.03

14. Richard Morgan & Lynn 3.04

15. Darren Tucker 3.54

16. Simon Parsons 4.42

17. Martin Gilpin (late no time set).

Fastest time determined start position.

Results For standard

1. Jim Penny & Mark Arthurs 1695pts

2. Frank & Barney 1390 pts

3. Richard & Lynn 885pts

4. Simon Parsons 680pts

5. Stuart Ball 600pts

6. Tim Hemsley

Results for Modified

1. Martin Hounsell & James Trembath 5280pts

2. Dereck Hounsell & Nigel 4670pts

3. Shaun Harris & Jason Farr 4375pts

4. Paul Rodgers & Roger Pardy 3585pts

5. Simon Buck & Matt Cook 3090 pts

6. Clive James 1395pts

7. Simon Hemsley 1100pts

8. Darren Tucker 465pts

9. Rob Hancock DNF

10. Roger Shaddick DNF

Russ

Simon Hemsley at the drop into the stream - B section.

Photos generally did'nt come out well.

gallery_1618_185_416235.jpg

Tim hemsley and I dropped out after two punches - winch playing-up.

Rob Hancock stuck in bobbed disco - got out with help about 1.00 a.m. after breaking winch tape/webbing three times!

Think he'll be buying a plasma rope.

Great event!

Russ- what can we all say, a brilliant event, thank you. in addition thank you also to Rob and Lewis for helping Russ with the setting out, its good to see how different use is made of the ground. Also cheers to the all the marshalls including Tim and Dave for their expert guidance on the timed section........ and throughout the event (not that we saw them until the last 10mins!)

Russ a cracking idea on the route part and only giving out 2 punch cards at a time, it worked well, we had a good long slog around second time though to get to those E punches at the end, at least we got some of the SS punches on the way which no doubt helped the scores.

i need a better torch for next year!

I am pleased its not my rover to try and clean!

oh yeah jase you getting REALLY good at BITCHIN :lol::lol::lol::D:D:D

oh yeah jase you getting REALLY good at BITCHIN :lol::lol::lol::D:D:D

You should see the large punnet of forest fruits he managed to pick Lard.

Excellent event Russ Thanks very much for the combined efforts of yourself and your marshalls.

I now need some Farrs Bars after a tree went into me. To be honest I think it was down to my bitch, some people will do anything to get there products on the market. With ethics like that I'm suprised they dont come in Orange.

You should see the large punnet of forest fruits he managed to pick Lard.

Excellent event Russ Thanks very much for the combined efforts of yourself and your marshalls.

I now need some Farrs Bars after a tree went into me. To be honest I think it was down to my bitch, some people will do anything to get there products on the market. With ethics like that I'm suprised they dont come in Orange.

I know it was late Shaun , But you being a proffesional driver must realise the importance of taking breaks and not falling asleep at the wheel .

Jase, didnt Shaun say you go ahead and have a look at that ditch i can get through this gap in the hedge no probs, remeber just before you borrowed our bridge!

Shaun cant see how that one is Jases fault.

not sure if you will want Farrs Bars though, we have some Trems bars, much better than Farrs and these are orange........

hey dont think to try and blame me just because i was there both times!!!!

i would say driver error both times which it must have been as we were both having a sit down and rest after all our hard work so dont see how it can be the codrivers fault............... wish i had had that excuse when Martin rolled it at the interclub.....

BTW , Shaun when we were doing the prolouge im sure I heard you say something under your breath , It sounded like " I am a driving god" Or it might of been " Im not as fast as Pod "

Couldnt quite make it out!! :D

"i am a driving god" he repeated today on the phone and lets be honest no one is as fast as pod

but my team mate 4 MT may not agree if rummers are to be belived

Aye! Lardy is the only driving God I know!!!! It must take a special kind of driver to roll a landrover where he did at James's event last year. I dont know many people who could do that. :lol: :lol: :lol: