Which Rear Parabolic Spring to buy

Cornish Rattler

Hi guys

Just thinking ahead really as I intend using the 2a SWB as a weekend car plus doing the odd sea fishing trip which will involve towing a small 550kg trailer loaded with fishing and camping gear aswell as possibly 4 x adults in the 2a and want to fit parabolic springs all round but just wondering as regards the rear's what's best 3 leaf para's or 2+1 leaf para's as I want a bit of comfort aswell as being able to carry a load, what do you think :)

Edited by Cornish Rattler

My TICs have lasted 20 years with no sag.  They're expensive, but if they last like that, then maybe they're cheaper in the long run.  Which spec you need depends entirely on use, but I have heard a fair few people had sag or twist problems with various brands running soft two leaf rear springs, so I'd suggest sticking with three leaf.

Yeah I think they was being sold by a company called Sanderson's and said the 2 plus 1's was designed for truck cabs as they either have a rag top or no rear top at all so whilst driving without or minimal weight in the back the two upper leafs are used giving a softer ride then when they are carrying or towing heavier loads the lower leaf helps the two upper leafs to carry the weight rather than having a parabolic spring using all 3 leafs together giving a harder ride.

I know parabolic springs give a better ride than std springs but think the 2 plus 1 setup mite be better than having std 3 leaf parabolic springs as I will only be carrying heavy weights every now and then :)