Range Rover Classic Bobtail

My 1992 Classic Hard Dash bobtail is mainly used for greenlaining.

I've found recently that it keeps filing up with dust - you can write your name in the dust on the back seat. I do tend to drive with the drivers side window open, and I've recently changed from Insa Turbos to BFG AT2s but the problem persists.

Has anyone out there got any instructions for the heater controls (it has air con fitted) or any other ideas where the dust is coming in from?

Maybe I should just drive with the windows up and the aircon on instead?

cheers

D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Carefully pull out the three plastic vents at the rear of the bonnet and replace the foam inserts. The current ones have probably perished, and so if you have the fresh air vent open on the heating panel, it will let all of the dust in. 

I think if that much dust was coming in from the front, you wouldn't be able to breath. What's the back end of it look like now? Like a standard Rangie but shorter? I ask because mine collects a huge amount of dust right across the back and a fair bit gets past those hopeless seals for the upper and lower tailgates. The amount of suction the back of these cars creates is quite amazing. Something I'll have to work on soon is reducing this low pressure area, which no doubt will be tricky.