Clutch Differences

Can anyone tell me what the actual differences are between these two kits:

http://www.paddockspares.com/oem-heavy-duty-clutch-kit.html

http://www.paddockspares.com/clutch-kit-4.html

One is badged as HD, but reading around and looking at a lot of pictures, the friction plates look the same (same number of springs) and so I cant really tell what the differences are and whether the HD is worth any extra money.

I tow a bit (horses and other junk), no hard off roading etc so is the HD kit a worthy upgrade in my case?

I suspect the HD one uses a 130 friction plate which is about 15mm larger diameter from memory. Though the rest of the kit will be the same. Back when I built 45 you had to buy the 130 friction plate separately and a normal you kit for the rest.

Mike

If the HD friction plate is a larger diameter, can you fit it to a flywheel that has always had the smaller one run on it? Just wondering if any corrosion etc on the outer edges of the flywheel would cause any issues or if they would be smoothed off within a few miles of changing gears?

It didn't cause a problem on mine i think i just ran some emery round to take the surface rust off. To be honest that's the only reason I worked out there was a difference. You should of seen the panic on my face till I worked out it would still fit.

Mike

The guys that fitted the Sachs clutch to my 90 in Spain told me that the friction plate was a good bit bigger that the one it replaced. I assume then that Sachs also offer a HD clutch. More options Richard ? as I believe Sachs to be a reputable manufacturer. 

The clutch it replaced was a Valeo on which the cover fingers had failed after about 30k miles. 

Makes me think twice about using Valeo again in the future.

Mo

Ive ordered the standard replacement from paddocks. I dont do anything extraordinary with my 110 and i need to kit before the weekend as Neil and I are planning to change the clutch on Saturday. Island 4x4 look to have the kit cheaper, but i am still waiting on a refund from them so no more business from me until that is sorted.