8274 convertion

twizzle

Hi All

Dose anyone now of a Hydraulic convertion on a 8274 winch

Im running a 3800cc perkings in SERIES 2 A 109 SAFARI

can anyone help

TWIZZLE

The gear ratio on an 8274 is going to make it tricky, its more than possible to do though. Cheaper suggestion might be to flog the 8274 and buy a milemarker and pocket the change? :)

The gear ratio on an 8274 is going to make it tricky, its more than possible to do though. Cheaper suggestion might be to flog the 8274 and buy a milemarker and pocket the change? :)

Dolly's right here; hydraulic motors that run at the speeds of electric motors (4,000 rpms the norm) are hard to come by and spendy.

However, Maxi Dive do a conversion BUT they suggest that the 8274 won't last very long with the standard gearbox; you'd want to speak to Jim Marsden (D90 SV on here) about sorting that. If you want to stay with the 8274 then you'd probably find one of Jims winches running a pair of 24V bowmoters will do everything you want for less £££. If you're set on going hydraulic then you couldn't go wrong with a mile marker and PTO pump.

IIRC there is a guy who posts on Devon4x4 who has a 8274/hrydo hybrid mounted on a G-wagon, might be worth a pm

HTH :)

Lewis

That's Tony Baskill and I don't think he posts. His winch is a nice peice of engineering but it was built by his comany and is very heavily re-engineered. The rumours are it cost him £10k t build but I don't know how true that is.

That's Tony Baskill and I don't think he posts. His winch is a nice peice of engineering but it was built by his comany and is very heavily re-engineered. The rumours are it cost him £10k t build but I don't know how true that is.

There was some pictures on their somewhere of it, a white G right? Just been over but i cant find them :rolleyes:

I'm converting 2 of my 8274s to hydraulic - need to finish some parts, but too many other projects.

The motors that I have are Bosh Rexroth bent axis A2F5/60W-B3. 5cc per rev. 10,000 rpm continuous or 11,000 rpm intermittent. Max flow 49 l/min. Rated pressure 315 bar or 350 bar intermittent. Torque 24.7 Nm at 315 bar (which gives 25.8 kW at 10,000 rpm), Weight 2.5 kg.

They are tiny, 70mm sq flange x 130mm long (+ shaft), but about 4 x power of 6hp elec motors in my application (I will not run at rated pressure).

They make a 10cc per rev motor, which is less cost, and would also be suitable for an 8274.

Should get £200 on ebay no matter what the condition.

New Milemarkers were going recently for about £650.

You could always run a hyd pump from an engine driven location?

Thanks Simon

heres a photo of the winch :blink: