New Leaf spring suppliers

steve b

A bit of background - I'm building a 109 series 3 TC 2.25 5mb petrol onto a galv. chassis ( Richards ) and I'm having some problems with new OE spec, spring  quality , so was wondering how others have got on with various spring manufacturers ?

The current new ones I have are way too stiff and are currently waiting the manufacturers response  . 

I don't particularly want to go to parabolics  as I would prefer it to look original . The truck is completely standard so no added weight or indeed removed  weight .

cheers

Steve b

DSC06156.thumb.JPG.6d2ba68037f4521faf965f82df5bf004.JPGDSC06161.thumb.JPG.1683020b9de3173ea3c09a6e7a6f3204.JPG DSC06168.thumb.JPG.6b3ca9547f6959ee5c3274e4b6eebfc4.JPG

Thanks guys , I will look into it next week . I do have 2x early 2A's to resurrect next year and would really like to keep the spring style original on those , so any experiences of std. style spring would still be useful from anyone .

My doubts about para's were based on some that I fitted to a 109 sw a while ago - probably 17 years ago thinking about it - that were like 2 bits of RSJ , can't remember the make , but they were painted green .

cheers

Steve b