Dog ate the seatbelt

Simon_CSK

As I said the dog ate the drivers seatbelt on my Disco 2 when he was left alone in the car. I have another Disco for spares and when I went to retreve the belt it was inpossible to het the bolt that holds in the inertia reel.

I ended up cutting away the pillar to get it out. Now I have it out I need to refit it does anybody know how it comes out. I cannot get a ratchet in and the spanner would only just go on and hardly if at all turn the bolt.

I seem to remember it being a pain but can't remember exactly what was in the way.  I'm thinking possibly body mount bolt going through the floor at the same height as the seat belt bolt stopping you getting square on it with a socket?  I think i just pulled out the seatbelt to give a bit more room round the bolt and used a wobble drive extension with the thinnest walled socket i could find.

Thanks guys

The trim is the easy part and comes off easily however when you try and access the bolt I cannot get the socket and extension in because of a plate welded to the floor in front of it. A spanner will go on but there is no room for manouvering it. I think I am looking at either a curved spanner or a stubby.