Old 110 not stopping on the key sometimes

Assume this is likely to be a sticky relay? Having to sometimes stall it to cut the engine, seems to be when it it raining more?

1988 ex rd truck fitted with a defender 200tdi btw

Edited by Smego

There is no relay.  Power is straight from the igniton switch to the fuel solenoid.  Could be the ignition switch, could be the fuel solenoid, could be back feed from the alternator through the charge light (as that era did not have a diode).  YOU need to troubleshoot.

as above - easiest way to see if it is a sticking fuel stop solenoid is to pull the cable off the top of the Solenoid when it is running on. If it stops immediately your problem is electrical (ignition switch or back feed from alternator) if it carries on then the fault lies with the stop solenoid itself.

Worth taking out and cleaning first as Ross mentions there could be some carp in there

Without patronising me, can anyone give me details of where to look for this fuel stop solenoid, is it something a diy not particularly mechanically minded person could do? I can do electrics so that bit isn't a worry.

Ta.