new microcat

rawsondsr

Thanks for all the hosting suggestions, I'll maybe chase a few up and register with some redundant hosting. Feel free to host the file, I have no issues. I'll always post the new version links on here should I update it in anyway.

If anyone is using this on Vista I have an option to enable the escalation prompt if wanted, otherwise modifying the launching shortcut is slightly less annoying, but at least it gives you the option and should always enable the application to change the system time.

The MG16.dll should have come with the Microcat download, you need to be rigorous about replacing it in the application folder and any other instances on the system.

I think the MG16.dll is a generic fix, it is checking for a hardware dongle (well would be checking) and is the same file that has been knocking around for quite old versions of microcat. So it may well work for other brands of microcat, I think I've seen at least one.

The microlauncher only works for Land rover data (the way it finds what date to use), however I can probably fix that if really wanted (no one has ever mentioned trying to use it for any other versions).

• 2 months later...
The above links will no longer work as I lost that hosting space

Please use MicroLaunch Executable

And when I am sure of the hosting I will repost the source code.

Note: there have been no major changes, except it is now built with VS2005 and likely requires .NET 2 because of this.

Hi Steve,

I know you posted this more than a year ago but I would very much like to get this working. I have installed Microcat but and followed all your instruction however I keep seeing the error: "This version of Microcat you are running is out of date and will not continue to run"

I would be very grateful if you could update the link above. I clicked on it but didn't take me to the file.

Thanks a lot,

• 1 month later...
Check out the hosting linked in my profile. This has links to microlaunch (and saves me posting another link that breaks!)

The link to d/l Microlaunch from your site is broken again, gives a 404 error :( Any possibility of getting it back up again??

Thanks

-Wills :)

Works for me when I just tried it. Go to my profile and click the link

ooh, yes, it works now, I was able to download the source code but not the exe. Not being at work I didn't have the tools to build the source at the time.

Thank you!

-Wills :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thx for that great application and your time to sort it out!

I am using a microlaunch for feew weeks and it was all good however it now stoped.

Message is " Microcat you are runnig is out of date....."

I was playing with dset files but with no luck.

When microlauncher is hit after the dset files changed the error message is that "Microcat is out of date"

Is there any chance to change microlauncher to change a system date back to 02/2008 regardless the dset files??

The old version Microcat Starter 1.1 is turning clock back to 2006 and as far as I am concern this date is to old for the 2008 Microcat

Any ideas whould be greatly appreciated ;)

Guest diesel_jim
The old version Microcat Starter 1.1 is turning clock back to 2006 and as far as I am concern this date is to old for the 2008 Microcat

I'm using v1.0 microlaunch on the 03/2008 version of microcat, and it works perfectly.

Hi,

Thx for that great application and your time to sort it out!

I am using a microlaunch for feew weeks and it was all good however it now stoped.

Message is " Microcat you are runnig is out of date....."

I was playing with dset files but with no luck.

When microlauncher is hit after the dset files changed the error message is that "Microcat is out of date"

Is there any chance to change microlauncher to change a system date back to 02/2008 regardless the dset files??

Any ideas whould be greatly appreciated ;)

Sandridge,

did you apply the dll crack ? It sounds like you have not done so and that's why your getting the out of date message.

Like Jim, my 2008 version works perfectly fine.

Todd.

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to install Microcat onto a Vista Pc.

It installs OK and I've been round and installed the mg16.dl file.

Each time I try to open Microcat I get an "Microcat has not found an authorised dongle" error.

I've tried using Microcat launcher but it keeps giving me this error.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Yet another quick link so it can be downloaded. Not sure about this hoster - was recommended to me, but I will wait and see!

microlaunch Executable

And for those that want it, the source code

Source code

I can't promise that this will be the final host, I have a horrible feeling I might have to start paying for hosting, but I guess that is what I have to do to ensure that software is available exactly when somone should want it :rolleyes:

Get In!!!

Just had "The version of microcat you are running is out of date and will not continue to run" error from a very recent downloaded version and using above gets me in a treat!

Thank you very much!!!! It is appreciated! :D

• 7 months later...