Help with front selt belts

Yes, I have the TD5 seatbelt anchors, the ones with two bolts. Are far as I can tell they are very similar to the ones you illustrated for the 300tdi, just a bit longer.

I have penned how I think they will sit in yellow below, I think I may still have some issues with everything lining up but I will have to cross that bridge when they arrive:

image.png.266632e3e95bcc18349560777c99d1b6.png

image.thumb.png.aae74b08f6461519756461c24980c830.png

thanks Dan

50 minutes ago, Retroanaconda said:

They pick up on the same ridge on the tub, and so mount to the tub and chassis bracket the same but are longer to put the belt mounts further forward as described above.

I believe the chassis bracket (outlined in red above) is the same on both versions.

That's what I am hoping, it looks like there is also only one hole in the brackets (yellow), which connect to the silver bracket bolted to the chassis.

2 hours ago, landroversforever said:

So you've actually got the Td5 seatbelt anchors, and need the bracket Scotts90 has shown on the Td5 tub. Where/what do they attach to to get to the chassis? 

They don't. The brackets bolt up to the same member on the tub that the outriggers attach to. I assume they worked out it was strong enough for the loading.

On 8/30/2018 at 10:14 AM, Dan D90 said:

I’m really grateful for everyone’s input, especially the chaps who have taken the time to post up pictures.

I have found the brackets in Paime’s photo on ebay for £20, I will give them a shot and report back.

How're you getting on with this? Did the brackets go on without too much fuss?

The brackets have arrived and are in good nic, the next problem is that the holes do not line up to bolt through to the support which connects to chassis, you can see how far out they are below:

IMG_0722.thumb.JPG.1bc4ea676d07263b9d76302a6cc1108a.JPG

They are miles out!,I think I will need to create some form of  bracket to bridge the gap! Its the same on both sides, its like the tub is 15mm offset to the left!

The td5 anchors don't use those brackets that sit on the chassis member, the ones you bought  bolt through the tub. So, you'll have the two holes lined up looking down through the seatbox and this should then tie into the tub. If it's a td5 seatbox and an earlier tub then you'll have to drill holes in the tub.

11 hours ago, Scotts90 said:

The td5 anchors don't use those brackets that sit on the chassis member, the ones you bought  bolt through the tub. So, you'll have the two holes lined up looking down through the seatbox and this should then tie into the tub. If it's a td5 seatbox and an earlier tub then you'll have to drill holes in the tub.

Are you sure? If the tub was in the right place then they would fit perfectly. I think they will be OK without them but I would be interested to know if they were ditched for the TD5.

Used my lunch break to fit the brackets today, Im happy to say that after slacking off the chassis brackets I was able to line them up good enough to get a bolt through. Imnot sure if they are needed or not but it can not hear to have them connected. All rubbered up also 🙄

Now just waiting for the reel brackets to arrive....

IMG_0723.thumb.JPG.ddbf8d9edf8d30ff6e00c37192b9f28f.JPGIMG_0724.thumb.JPG.01d81cd534fe9aafc95797d8d48d47b6.JPG

Yes I'm sure, my tub brackets are still bolted in place, never removed anything to lift the tub off...I did go out and check to make sure I hadn't taken one bolt out but both rusty originals still tightly in place. My original td5 chassis didn't have the earlier angle chassis to body mounts fitted either. If you look at the pics Paime posted up there are no brackets from tub to chassis either.