Defender 200tdi part left over from engine build.

Hi 

i have just rebuilt my engine, 200tdi defender and I have a left over part,  I have identified it as part number err1536, in the parts catalogue it is a spacer associated with the cylinder head. The catalogue doesn’t define its position well and I can find no reference to it in the workshop manual. It’s bugging me as the engine is built and up and running, any help will be very appreciated.

Edited by Spitfire5054

Thank you for the info Retro, I think you nailed the answer. The spacer looks like it would fit under bolts one and three on the turbo side of the engine. Being that you have 2 engines one with one without also answers the question as to why it hasn’t caused problem with bolts bottoming out. I have installed a performance head from Turner and perhaps luckily enough all seems ok without the spacer.👍

Just looked at the parts book I've never seen that on the turbo side. However I have seen it under the back outboard bolts on the pump side. As retro says sometimes there is a lifting eye there, sometimes the spacer you mentioned and some have nothing at all. I'm pretty sure the three 200tdi's I have (all disco engines) have all three variations.

Mike

8 hours ago, Spitfire5054 said:

Hi 

i have just rebuilt my engine, 200tdi defender and I have a left over part,  I have identified it as part number err1536, in the parts catalogue it is a spacer associated with the cylinder head. The catalogue doesn’t define its position well and I can find no reference to it in the workshop manual. It’s bugging me as the engine is built and up and running, any help will be very appreciated.

Haven't got that bit on my Defender spec 200TDi, I reckon it fits the lifting bracket item 21 in diagram in the parts book, probably between head bolts & under the bracket.