Caldwell rear sliding windows

ianmayco68

Hi all , I’ve got a pair of Caldwell sliding rear windows on my project and I want to refurbish them , I found some new slam locks on eBay but wondered if anybody had refurbed any and knows were I can get some new seals from to do the job. I’ve looked on there site and most of the links to the spares don’t work and yes I know I can phone them which is the next job but thought I’d ask on here first in the hope that someone has done this and found good seals and the felt channel cheaper somewhere .

cheers Ian 

I have used Woolies trim rubber channel item no 50 in my Puma station wagon rear windows (these are different from the pre Puma station wagon windows - they cannot be disassembled easily), and also Wolf door tops and truck cab rear windows.

I fitted it to the Puma windows in about 5 mins each side with no tools, just a can of silicon spray to lubricate it. Stopped the horrendous rattles and a fraction of the price of Garriosn outfitters.

• Like 1

Think a previous owner has fitted these western by the state of the holes cut in the side panels. I’m presuming they are Caldwell ones as the name is etched into the glass, these are rivet on ones also and the same size as genuine ones as Scotts90 measured his for me , unless they’re genuine frames and someone has replaced the glass with Caldwell glass.

I used the Woolies trim channel and it worked well.  Only use it in the top rail, though, not the front and especially not the corners, as it'll make closing the windows very difficult.  Keep the felt there.

The windows still rattle a little, but its from the bottom, so I intend to replace the rigid plastic channel with more from Woolies.  The problem there will be recreating the drainage slots, but I'm confident it'll work.