Gearbox Tunnel

Im in a bit of a Dilemmas here . Im in the process of rebuilding 110, it has LT77 box mated to 300tdi disco engine,  Now I did not buy this whole it was rolling chassis but did get most of parts all loose.

Getting to the stage to put seatbox in but cant get things to match up. I have the original 200 tdi tunnels, but the seat box I got later is 300tdi, I tried 300 tunnels and they will at a push match up to box but the short gear  stick  wont move backwards unless I cut a bit out of the tunnel.

The original 200 tunnels look perfect but they obviously wont match up to seat box, other then buy another 200 seat box would it be possible to change fronts,? that is if I can find a 200.

First 3 photos 300tdi tunnels third 200tdi tunnel, forth 300tdi seat box.

Once I figure it out all bits are going to get cleaned and painted before fitting.

IMG_4095.JPG

IMG_4096.JPG

IMG_4092.JPG

IMG_4103.JPG

Insert other media.url

IMG_4104.JPG

Edited by kevin50
forgot to add

Just now, Retroanaconda said:

You need to use a 200Tdi tunnel as your gearbox is in that position. So either adapt your 300Tdi seatbox or swap it for a 200Tdi one.

I have a 200Tdi one somewhere which you’re welcome to if the logistics can be made to work.

Thank You Can the fronts be changed, as in taking the 300tdi front off mine and adding the 200 ??. they seem to be a separate panel riveted on to front of seat box. 

Where in Scotland are you Mate?

3 hours ago, landroversforever said:

I'm down in Oxfordshire with a converted seatbox if that's any use? It's just had the front panel of a 200tdi riveted over the Td5/300tdi opening (It's a Td5 seatbox that's had the box under the drivers seat removed and the tunnel flange modified.

Have you got phots Mate, sounds just what I need 

Cant afford another box unless its cheap enough,so looking for a panel to swap over on my box, Please don't Laugh as I'm not much good at stuff like this but I made this tonight, if all else fails finding a spare bit I think this might just work. maybe should have made a little wider then it is. I used the old box to Mock Fit it.
All holes line up right, but the hardest bit will be fitting it in the right place on to my box after taking the 300 off. Theirs a big gap to fill in as well.

IMG_4151.JPG

IMG_4152.JPG

IMG_4154.JPG

IMG_4160.JPG

IMG_4162.JPG

IMG_4165.JPG

Edited by kevin50
forgot to add

Finally got seat box put together, everything lines up just about perfect, so will go ahead and fit it.
Just a couple of questions before I start, First does the floor panel go Under the tunnels or other way round ? Second got this seal stuff with it, does this go on Every Join ??

IMG_4185.JPG

IMG_4184.JPG

• Like 1

Just a couple of questions before I start, First does the floor panel go Under the tunnels or other way round ? Second got this seal stuff with it, does this go on Every Join ??

the floor panels sit under the tunnel/adaptor panels.

the seal strip should be applied to all panel lower face edges.

26 minutes ago, western said:

the floor panels sit under the tunnel/adaptor panels.

the seal strip should be applied to all panel lower face edges.

Thank You,  Does seal also go on the underside of floor and where tunnel joins bulkhead ??