TD5 dash clocks upgrade

I'm sorting out a major wiring overhaul, part of which is upgrading the dash. I'm currently doing the gauges and have been following retroanacond's excellent guide, but there are a couple of points I'm not clear on with regards to replacing the main grey multiplug. 

1. The guide says to replace with an 11 way multiplug, but there are 13 wires in the original one. 

2. I've figured out what most of the wires do, but there is no mention of what the pink, pink/yellow and white/orange are for. They all go to the speedo. 

So do I need a 13 way multiplug, or can I remove any of the above mentioned wires? 

white/orange is a ign feed for air condition system [when fitted]

pink & pink/yellow are part of the alarm/immobiliser system, 

leave the unused wires in place, you can use the white/orange to feed something else

When I did mine last summer, I used Retro's Guide but instead of cutting the plug off of the TD5 clock harness, I ordered the other half of the plug from PaulMC on here. 

TD5 clock harnesses are now plug and play with my vehicle loom.

Looks like we are very local to each other, if you want to see my wiring in the flesh, that could easily be arranged.

Hope this helps, Hippo.

Thanks for the offer. I think I've got it sort now tho. I'm not too fussed about keeping it plug and play with stock replacements, as I'm making mods on the clock side too - swapping the time clock out for a rev counter. I'll update my build thread when it's all done.

26 minutes ago, MR-HIPPO said:

No worries.

Are you going to end up with a spare TD5 time clock by any chance?

Mine has never worked properly, it keeps getting stuck at 20 to the hour.

I think I've still got my old Td5 clock kicking about somewhere.... I'm away all weekend on a stag-do... but I'll have a look for it next week if that's any help?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

I think I've still got my old Td5 clock kicking about somewhere.... I'm away all weekend on a stag-do... but I'll have a look for it next week if that's any help?

That would would be great, thank you.