Need to link the speedo

black/red is the signal wire from transducer to speedo

plain black earth

white/green 12v power feed

all of these should be the same colour code from the transducer to the speedo & through all connectors.

I thought you were going to keep all these td5 wiring questions in one thread.

49 minutes ago, western said:

black/red is the signal wire from transducer to speedo

plain black earth

white/green 12v power feed

all of these should be the same colour code from the transducer to the speedo & through all connectors.

I thought you were going to keep all these td5 wiring questions in one thread.

Is that in the plug it self (see pic) need to know what PIN numbers are needed,

bare in mind I’ve got no gear box loom like the td5🤔

I’ve tried but seem to get a better response as a new thread,

what I’m go do is when all sorted only few questions  left I’ll put answers to the original thread then you can delete these 👌

4 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Have you still not got a copy of the RAVE manual with all the pinouts & connector photos then?

It's only a google away, if it's not already in the tech archive.

Tbh I’m not one for wiring diagrams don’t do it often enough and what I need is just few bits normally, circuit tester that’s me,

if I was working on them all day every day yeah you might think I’d need that diagram but there you go now you know 😂

@Retroanaconda  did a very helpful write up on fitting a TD5 dash to TDI engined vehicles. (many thanks for that)

THIS will tell you everything you need to know. (including how to get the TD5 temp gauge to read the correctly when connected to a TDI engine.)

Note the link to a wiring diagram half way down.

13 hours ago, Green200tdi said:

Tbh I’m not one for wiring diagrams don’t do it often enough and what I need is just few bits normally, circuit tester that’s me,

if I was working on them all day every day yeah you might think I’d need that diagram but there you go now you know 😂

I also have previously given you links to the TD5 wiring diagram and reference library.

I doubt many here NEED them every day, but when rewiring a vehicle, they are invaluable.

I am certainly no auto electrician, but was able to replace the loom and wire a TD5 dash into my vehicle using the diagrams, (and Retro's fine guide.)

Edited by MR-HIPPO

I remember using something like this I’d wired in my speedo on my 90,

think it was transducer live (5amp fuse) earth and signal 

then speedo was live earth signal iirc,

but now I’ve got proper loom need to just connect transducer live earth find what pin is signal on multiplug for ecu as don’t have a gearbox loom from the td5