Earthing query , initially headlights

neilc

Morning , I realised on a recent journey that my headlights were useless , I looked up advice as always on this site , ran a earth directly from - to light and it's all good so obviously a earth issue ( easy ) . Traced earth wire bolt to just below clutch cylinder , and it's basically black and covered in carp , The query I have is this , I could just run another wire from lamp to any earth point directly , the other option of course is to clean the existing earth point however I have no issues with other electrics , should I take the easy option lamp- earth would this cause a problem , I'm assuming not 

If all the other electrics are fine, then either run a new earth to that light, or earth that light to another existing earth point. 3rd method as you say, is to fix the original earth point. It doesn't matter which method you use.

The earth for the lights is in the the middle of the rad panel, so you need good contact between that and the chassis, as well as that earth connection in good fettle. Its a ring terminal that pokes out of the loom that runs through the rad panel over to the left hand lights. Easily missed or forgotten.