Revs then cuts out. Please help garage has had my disco 3 08 plate for 6 months and unable to diagnose what it it

Becky

Please help. 

Welcome any phone calls for people willing to help

(Number removed)

EDIT: Suggest anyone wishing to approach the OP directly use the Private Message system or post below so everyone can benefit from the information.

Edited by V8 Freak
Removed phone number - Open Forum likely to be scanned by external sources

There are some clever, very experienced people here, but the key thing for being able to help is info to think through. Detail out some more basic info (engine type, for example), the history of the problem, what steps your garage have taken (if you know), any fault codes, and anything else you feel might be relevant. The more detail the better, and take your time to make it as clear as you can. 

I've no experience with the Disco 3, I'm afraid, but lay it all out in detail and I'm sure someone will be along with some ideas to point you in the right direction :)

Trying to read between the lines here,... I am guessing that Becky doesn't have / hasn't been given any of this information and doesn't have a car savvy bloke in the immediate family  who can mediate on her behalf.

Becky,  6 months is totally unreasonable, I advise you to get onto your local trading standards 03454 04 05 06 they will help you deal with the old garage in the correct way. At the end of the day you must get your car to a new decent honest garage, perhaps some of the lads here can recommend York area options. I can't see at this stage that trying to get information about the vehicle  relayed onto the forum is going to get anywhere useful very quickly. Hope you get sorted soon.