Transfer Box Front output Flange Bolt

tpk241

where in somerset are you?

I have an impact gun that'll remove it in seconds 30mm socket BTW

Thanks White90, I am up in Frome. A bit far from exmoor i think. Very kind of you to offer though. I think you replied to my post on the D44 site too :D

Do you do comp's or challenges in somerset at all ?

TPK241

i thought it was a normal one like the rear too. if so leave the truck on the floor & lock the center diff, then when you drop the front prop the tbox cant rotate when you undo it. cant move it? breaker bar on to a jack, bet it comes undone before the car comes off the floor.

White90 - Thanks for the comp info, I'll keep an eye out for this southwest challenge scene. Need to sort out the truck first then i'll be looking to enter later in the year.

Andy - Thanks for the breaker bar and jack tip, this should do the trick.

TPK241

i thought it was a normal one like the rear too. if so leave the truck on the floor & lock the center diff, then when you drop the front prop the tbox cant rotate when you undo it. cant move it? breaker bar on to a jack, bet it comes undone before the car comes off the floor.
i Back up this theroy i done mine 3mths ago in a simlar fashion ;)

That's one of my jobs for the near future. Do you have the D2 flange part no. to hand?

Sev

I believe its STC4379 ... This is the kit with oil seals etc .. all you need to swap the flange

Its well worth doing ... apparently the non serviceable UJ's in the DC joint dont last long but i am gonna wear these out and replace with heavy duties cos at the mo they seem sound.

TPK