Clicking noise

defender dinky

Hi all, discovery 2 v8/lpg 02, I have a clicking noise coming from air vent right of the steering wheel, it's very faint I removed the cover and exposed the fuse board put my head down and its louder, removed fuses and relays one by one all ok but clicking noise still there, its seems to be every 10 seconds or so then you here click click, any ideas, dd

On 3/1/2020 at 11:44 PM, defender dinky said:

Hi all, discovery 2 v8/lpg 02, I have a clicking noise coming from air vent right of the steering wheel, it's very faint I removed the cover and exposed the fuse board put my head down and its louder, removed fuses and relays one by one all ok but clicking noise still there, its seems to be every 10 seconds or so then you here click click, any ideas, dd

Do you mean with ignition off ?

You have to be more precise with that "ignition on" term cos if it's about ignition on II without engine running the suspension is not supposed to lift cos it works only with engine running. As long as you dont describe exactly what's going on i can't help

just tried it again, key in ignition turn to position two all lights on dash about five seconds you here click click, another five or six seconds click click and so on all the time heater ,radio, fans turned off, like i said earlier removed cover under steering wheel had a listen and its louder, removed all fuses and relays all seem ok, and it still clicks with engine running, it sounds like a relay click, dd

Theres not a rear wiper on the car, it was'nt on when I bought it, there looks to be a bung in the hole where it should be, the rear windows work fine, also just remembered the fuel gauge only goes up half way does'nt move until you turn ignition off, no matter how much petrol you put in only goes half way, dd

I kind'a suspected that that's why i asked. The clicking noise is probably the rear wiper relay, i've seen this fault twice, unfortuaely you can't remove it cos it's soldered into the fusebox's PCB, just check if the rear wiper switch is not pushed, eventually unpug it and if the relay keeps clicking you'll need another fusebox