Capstan Aeroparts GLR 101 Winch

Scott61100

Hi Everybody

Sorry if something like this has been covered. My good friend has a French registered 1975 Series 3 Land Rover and just has the main body of his winch.

He cannot find anything in France so I have offered to try and sort for him and take over when we can travel again.

Can somebody please help with all the extra parts that are needed and maybe put me in touch with somebody who we can buy the parts from.

Thank You

Scott

20200329_162331.jpg

Do you have the workshop and parts manual for the winch?
Can you show a picture of the other side of the winch, the side that is currently facing the decking?
It will help people to understand the drive system on your example.

There really is nothing apart from what is in the picture?
Strikes me it's going to be expensive, and perhaps contra indicated at a time when most people are on a reduced income stream.

Regards.

AS well as the original crank-drive it's not hard to add other methods such as a hydraulic motor driving into the back of that unit - LoFi built an entire capstan winch from scratch in a similar style:

There's been a few capstan winch threads if you search back, should find most of the info.

• Like 1