Wiring question

ianmayco68

Hi all , I’m fitting a CB Radio to the truck for when we’re greenlaning, I’ve got a MUD roof console fitted and the Thunderpole t-3000 fits nicely in the din slot , but my question is I have a fused live ( purple) and a earth going up to the interior led light would I be okay taping into those for the power for the cb or would the power draw be too much for it ?  I would put a fuse in for the cb.

cheers Ian 

Probably. Which vehicle? You'd need to have a look at the wire itself. Doing this job myself at the moment, but in a series.

I took a new live from the fuse box to ensure sufficient cover, but the series doesn't have much in the way of the wiring.

17 minutes ago, ianmayco68 said:

Hi all , I’m fitting a CB Radio to the truck for when we’re greenlaning, I’ve got a MUD roof console fitted and the Thunderpole t-3000 fits nicely in the din slot , but my question is I have a fused live ( purple) and a earth going up to the interior led light would I be okay taping into those for the power for the cb or would the power draw be too much for it ?  I would put a fuse in for the cb.

cheers Ian 

A CB pulls a snadge above .5 amps

I run mine off the internal light feed, although I have changed my internal lights for LED

One thing to consider Ian, if wiring to permanent live is how forgetful you are.

My CB is also high up in the slot of my LaSalle headlining out of my immediate line of sight.

As a result of being out of my line of sight I used to forget to turn it off when I got home, discovering a flat battery next time I went out to start it.

So I rewired it with an ignition switched live so that I can't leave it on whilst not using the 90.

No flat batteries since 😆

Mo

• Like 1