Strange Diesel Leak from FIP

Looks more like the seal between the main case and the square block on the back to me, but it could be running down from the top cover as DS suggests.  Try nipping up the rear case and top cover bolts, but if that doesn’t work, you will probably have to remove it for an overhaul.

Mike did a video or two showing how to strip and rebuild them on his Brittanica Restorations YouTube videos.  I’m not sure doing the full strip and rebuild is prudent unless you have the tools and knowledge, but you might be able to deal with that leak.

Just to confirm, the head seal is the large O ring; as Snagger explained it "the seal between the main case and the square block on the back". I realise the video thumbnail shows the top cover seal, but if you watch the video you'll see where the head (square block on the back) is removed (@ 7:09 timestamp), and it has to be done with the pump pointing down as the springs are likely to fall out

21 hours ago, dailysleaze said:

Just to confirm, the head seal is the large O ring; as Snagger explained it "the seal between the main case and the square block on the back". I realise the video thumbnail shows the top cover seal, but if you watch the video you'll see where the head (square block on the back) is removed (@ 7:09 timestamp), and it has to be done with the pump pointing down as the springs are likely to fall out

I didn’t recognise that still as being from Mike’s video!  Kevin, that video DS posted is the one to watch.

The head seal is dead easy to change, you can do it in situ in a couple of minutes once you have removed the injector pipes. You undo the bolts just enough to expose the O ring and no more, and use two longer bolts to temporarily hold the head in position while new o ring is stretched over the head. These seem to fail if the injector pump is removed and refitted again and you have the old type injector pump support bracket which does not align the pump up in exactly the same place every time.