200tdi overheating but no heating ??

The low oil pressure light switch & gauge sensor use the same hole, as you can see in that photo, the oil temperature sender lives in the hole on the upper forward face as shown in the photos in the linked thread. 

I'm working 12 hour days this week so may not reply until I get home, but will try to look in during the day. 

22 hours ago, western said:

Engine cut off I think would be the fuel stop solenoid on top rear of the injection pump. thats the only item that shuts the fuel off to stop the engine.

Cool .. I’ll tap into that I guess then. Assuming it will be less than 20a ?

On 10/26/2020 at 8:35 PM, Chambo110 said:

No problem.. I got it nearly figured. It’s just the immobilising part.
it’s got 3 x immobilisation points

1 of which says to go to engine cut off (max 20a) that’s where I’m stuck with know nothing about amps etc

The stop solenoid uses a lot less than 20 amp, but if your immobiliser just interrupts this supply I wouldn't bother as a common theft method is to just run a 12v supply direct from the battery to the solenoid. I would consider fitting another solenoid out of site for the immobiliser to operate.

3 minutes ago, ballcock said:

The stop solenoid uses a lot less than 20 amp, but if your immobiliser just interrupts this supply I wouldn't bother as a common theft method is to just run a 12v supply direct from the battery to the solenoid. I would consider fitting another solenoid out of site for the immobiliser to operate.

Hmmm interesting. I do have another 2 points that the immobiliser can do. What would you suggest ?

22 minutes ago, Chambo110 said:

Hmmm interesting. I do have another 2 points that the immobiliser can do. What would you suggest ?

Being a clockwork diesel there is very little electrically you can do other than the fuel supply, hopefully somebody else may have more suggestions.

On 10/27/2020 at 10:09 PM, ballcock said:

Being a clockwork diesel there is very little electrically you can do other than the fuel supply, hopefully somebody else may have more suggestions.

Could I do starter motor? No ideas when it comes to power loads etc.

I do have other levels of security, it’s all about slowing them down until I can let the dog out 🐕 

1 hour ago, Chambo110 said:

Could I do starter motor? No ideas when it comes to power loads etc.

I do have other levels of security, it’s all about slowing them down until I can let the dog out 🐕 

Sounds probable, maybe the tracer wire from the starter relay? What ever you do, keep detailed notes for later fault finding years down the line. You might think you'll remember but I bet 5 years down the line you won't! 

23 minutes ago, monkie said:

Sounds probable, maybe the tracer wire from the starter relay? What ever you do, keep detailed notes for later fault finding years down the line. You might think you'll remember but I bet 5 years down the line you won't! 

Good point... I don’t remember this morning so it’s a good idea 👍

• Haha 1