Sankey trailer parts

RGK

Hi,

I refurbishing my sankey trailer, which all in all is going well. However I'm having trouble identifying parts (ie serviceable parts):

Wheel bearings

Seals

Damper and bushes

Leaf spring bushes 

Grease nipple

Leather oil seal

Oil seals

Shoes 

Shoe springs

Brake adjuster

Brake extender

I believe these parts are series based. Is this true.

Thanks for any help

20201113_213711.jpg

20201113_213225.jpg

20201113_213205.jpg

20201113_214018.jpg

• 5 months later...

I’m still thinking of getting a narrow track but I’m not sure about the availability of consumable spares for the axle such as bearings, seals etc.

Are these still available or are people struggling to find them?

Did a quick search and tracked the following down, https://www.nsncenter.com/FSC/2530?PageNumber=252

ctrl+f for the 64373808PH and 64373798PH part numbers allows you to google the NSN which returns

https://www.thexmod.com/item_detail.asp?id=1668

or STC2796.

So yes series based brakes. The bearings are easy enough as the timken 359S is stamped in.

And a top tip to save aggro is the unf half nuts which secure the leaf spring bushes must be removed/wound off first. The unf bolts are threaded into the chassis drop brackets and the drop pivot bracket. Fun once you know....

Pete

Edited by pete3000

On 4/27/2021 at 7:13 PM, pete3000 said:

And a top tip to save aggro is the unf half nuts which secure the leaf spring bushes must be removed/wound off first. The unf bolts are threaded into the chassis drop brackets and the drop pivot bracket. Fun once you know....

Pete

Cheers. It looks like I may have found one locally and might get it this weekend.